The Best Dog Breeds to Own If You're Battling Mental Illness
From PTSD, Bipolar Disorder to Depression, mentall illness is disease and condition that affects a person's thinking, feeling and mood. It's really important to know that 1 in 5 US adults experiences some form a mental illness in a given year. If you do the math, that's more than 43 million people -- proving if you're one of these adults, you're NOT alone.
There are many clinical ways to help with mental disorders, but it turns out that your loyal companion can play a big role in your recovery, too. Listed below are the best dog breeds that can help with your illness.
1. Cavalier King Charles Spaniels - cuddlers
2. Standard Poodles - calming presence
3. Pugs - positive temperament
4. Labrador Retriever - feelings of security
5. Doberman Pinschers - strong presence
6. Yorkie Terriers - great therapy dogs
7. Boxers - keep you focused
Did your dog make the cut? If so, what's your dog breed?